Healthy recipe of Chakchouka: Blanquette of peppers and tomatoes with eggs
For 4 people / 30 min / 351 calories per serving
- 2 cuil. olive oil soup
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 red pepper, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g crushed tomato
- 200g tomato coulis
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped coriander
- 4 slices of toast
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato coulis and crushed, in the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Make 4 small wells in the sauce and carefully break an egg in each of them.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Discover and cook until the whites are firm and the yolks are cooked to the desired cooking (6 to 7 minutes for the slightly liquid yolks).
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander, if desired, and serve your chuchuka with toast.