Cabbage paupiettes recipe (vegan)
Recipe for 4 people
- cabbage x1
- white or yellow onion x1
- 400g tomato pulp
- 400g vegan meat substitute (made from textured soy or seitan)
- olive oil
- sugar or agave syrup: 1 tbsp
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- garlic powder or pressed garlic: 1 teaspoon
- vegetable broth
- Food string.
Preparation of cabbage rolls:
- Separate and wash the cabbage leaves. Set aside 2 cabbage leaves per paupiettes. Chop the rest of the cabbage very finely.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Brown the onion. Once translucent, add 1 tbsp of sugar (or agave syrup) and lightly caramelize the onion.
- Add the finely chopped cabbage and cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Add the meat substitute and tomato pulp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Boil 1.5 liters of water with vegetable broth.
- Once the water is boiling, immerse the whole cabbage leaves and cook until tender.
- Carefully remove the cabbage leaves from the water, drain them and let them cool until they can be handled.
For dressing the cabbage rolls:
- Place 2 cabbage leaves staggered, stuff them with 2 tbsp of stuffing.
- Gently close the paupiette and tie it with food string.
- Place the paupiettes in a dish and bake (grill mode) for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the paupiettes with mashed potatoes / white beans and a light tomato coulis.
Did you like this cabbage paupiettes recipe? You will also like this Red cabbage, apples and coriander seeds recipe