Healthy recipe: Cauliflower Croque-Monsieur
For 4/25 min
- 1 cauliflower,
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g grated Parmesan
- 60g of Gruyere
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 4 slices of white cheddar
- 2 slices of ham or chicken breast
- Cut the cauliflower into bouquets then mix it with a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the grated cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan, Gruyere and oregano.
- Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with vegetable oil then pour the cauliflower mixture into a small patty shape on one side of the pan. Repeat to form a second patty on the other side. Press the two pieces together with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the underside, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook until other sides are golden, about 3 minutes more.
- Garnish a cauliflower patty with a slice of cheddar cheese and half a slice of ham and place them on top of the other cauliflower patty.
- Cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more per side.
- Repeat the operation 3 times for 4 sandwiches.