Healthy recipe: celeriac stir-fry
For 3 people
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of water or broth
- 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and mix. Add the celery root and cook, stirring occasionally, until the celery root is golden in the spots, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and the garlic begins to brown.
- Add water and immediately cover with the lid. Cook celery root, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle with thyme, rosemary salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the celery root is tender and the water has evaporated completely, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.