- 3 fennels
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- vegetable butter
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- 1 puff pastry (or shortcrust pastry)
- Salt pepper
- Preheat your oven to 160 ° C.
- Wash the fennels and cut them into 2 to 3 cm slices.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp of vegetable butter and add 2 tbsp of maple syrup to form a light caramel (add a little water if the caramel is too thick).
- Brown the fennel slices over medium / high heat in the caramel, 4 to 5 minutes per side, salt and pepper each side. To book.
- Chop the onion and shallot then brown them over medium heat for a few minutes so that they are slightly translucent.
- Lightly butter a serrated mold. Arrange the fennel slices in the mold, complete the spaces with the onion and shallot. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.
- Cover with the dough bordering the edges so that the vegetables are tight.
- Bake at 160 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes (the pastry should be golden brown).
- Once baked, remove the pie from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Unmould the tart by turning it quickly and enjoy 🙂