Healthy recipes: Chicken nuggets
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 25cl of soy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 small cups of flour (your choice)
- 60g of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil (olive type), for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 small cup of 0% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of soy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Place the cutlets in a freezer bag and beat with a meat mallet or rolling pin until a thin thickness is reached.
- Cut into pieces (be careful not too small)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together soy cream and egg.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and spices.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the mixed cream and then in the flour mixture. Repeat until all the chicken is coated in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the refrigerator while you make the sauce.
- In a bowl, add the Fromage blanc, soy cream and spices then stir.
- Cook the chicken: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat several tablespoons of vegetable oil until the oil is hot but not smoking.
- Fry each piece of chicken until golden brown, about 8 minutes in total.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve the chicken hot with the sauce