Healthy recipe: Brussels sprouts mince
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into pieces of 1 cm
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1kg of Brussels sprouts, peeled and cut into quarters
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp.c red pepper powder
- 3 tbs/cs water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the bacon until crispy. Turn off the heat and transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep most of the bacon fat in the pan, removing all the black pieces from the bacon.
- Return to medium heat and add the onion and Brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften and turn golden. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover the pan. Cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender and the water has evaporated, which is about 5 minutes (if all the water evaporates before the Brussels sprouts are tender, add more water to the pan and cover for a few more minutes).
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until it smells good, 1 minute.
- Using a wooden spoon, make four holes in the hash to make the bottom of the pan appear. Break an egg in each hole and season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Put the lid back on and cook until the eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for a flowing egg. Sprinkle the pieces of cooked bacon all over the pan. Serve hot.