- 250g of pasta of your choice (prefer wholemeal pasta)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon of malted yeast
- salt and pepper
- some basil leaves for decoration
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower, onion and garlic and cook, covered, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 500ml of water and simmer until the vegetables are very tender. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender with the malted yeast and a pinch of salt, adding a little reserved broth. Stir in until the sauce is liquid while maintaining a creamy appearance.
- Toss with the pasta and sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper, to taste, on top for decoration as well as a few basil leaves.