Healthy recipe: Vegetarian couscous
For 4 people / 1h30
- 500g quinoa
- 150g chickpeas
- 4 carrots
- 4 turnips
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tbs/cs olive oil
- 2 tbsc turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1L of water
- Option: mixture of nuts and raisins
- Wash, peel and cut into pieces all vegetables and chop the garlic.
- In a pot, sauté the onions and garlic with the olive oil and cook over low heat under a lid for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1L of water then carrots and turnips, salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes under lid over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini, chickpeas, tomatoes and turmeric and cook over medium heat under lid for 25 min.
- Meanwhile cook the quinoa in water. Once cooked, drain and pour into a dish.
- Possibility to add the mixture of nuts and raisins in the quinoa.
- Once the vegetables are tender, serve with the quinoa.