Healthy recipe: pasta with pumpkin and vodka
For 6 persons
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp crushed cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 100g of tomato paste
- 125ml vodka
- 250ml pumpkin puree
- 190ml coconut milk
- 1 bunch of roughly chopped palm cabbage
- A few leaves of fresh thyme
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Fill a saucepan with water and heat over high heat. Season with plenty of salt and bring to a boil while preparing the other ingredients.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot or large skillet over medium heat. Place the mushrooms flat and cook, without mixing them, until the bottom is golden, about 3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking, 2 to 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the onion to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg; cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and toss to coat well. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the dough is very red, about 5 minutes. Add vodka to deglaze, stirring. Cook for 1 minute to let some alcohol evaporate.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk; reduce the heat to low.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until almost al dente. Add the kale during the last minute of cooking.
- Transfer the cooked pasta and kale to the pan with the sauce. Stir in a little pasta cooking water until the sauce becomes smooth and shiny and covers each piece of pasta. Stir in the fresh thyme leaves and garnish with Parmesan, if desired.