Healthy recipe: Quinoa patties and sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs/c olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs/c thyme
- 450g sweet potatoes
- 450g cooked quinoa
- coconut oil for cooking
- olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive or coconut oil in a large pan over medium-low heat,
- Slice the onion and sauté with a pinch of salt in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in the thyme and cook for about 30 seconds, then transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small pieces and cook them in water until tender.
- Mix the sweet potatoes, quinoa, salt and pepper well with the onion mixture.
- Divide the mixture into balls the size of a golf ball and squeeze to get cakes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties in hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.