Recipe: pineapple shrimp
For the sauce:
- 120ml pineapple juice
- 120ml chicken broth
- 60ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wine or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon. minced ginger
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Option: 2 tablespoons. Sriracha for those who like spicy dishes
- 450g shelled shrimp
- salt and pepper
- 1 pineapple
- 4.c olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 2 new onions
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and cornstarch and sriracha over medium heat.
- Simmer until thickened and reduced by a third, about 7 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp with salt and cook, turning once until pink, 2 minutes in total.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the last teaspoon of oil to the same pan. Add the pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Cut the pineapple in half and dig it on both sides to rough pieces.
- Add the sliced pineapple and sauce and set the heat to the maximum.
- Once the mixture simmers, add the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately by placing the mixture in the emptied pineapple halves with the green onions on top.