Healthy recipe: red cabbage, apples and coriander seeds
For 6 persons
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 red cabbage of about 900g, cut into wedges and grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 75ml vegan white wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage, onion, garlic, cilantro seeds and bay leaves, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Stir in the apples, vinegar and maple syrup and season well. Cover the pan and cook gently for 1 hour until the cabbage is tender, sticky and caramelized. Remove bay leaves before eating. Can be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated for up to two days.