Coral lentil dahl recipe with coconut milk
Recipe for 2 to 3 people
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
- 200g red lentils
- 25 cl of coconut milk (a small brick)
- spices: 2 to 3 tsp cumin and 1 to 2 tsp paprika
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- olive oil
- Peel and cut your carrots into small cubes then cook them for 10 to 15 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the red lentils in boiling water (follow the cooking time indicated on the package) then set aside.
- Peel and cut the onion into strips. Brown it in a hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once the onion begins to become translucent, sprinkle with sugar and lightly caramelize.
- In a large pan, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil then add the spices. Heat them over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes (be careful that they do not burn).
- Add the coconut milk and mix well to distribute the spices in the preparation. Salt, taste and season to taste if necessary.
- Add the diced carrots, the onion then the lentils.
- Stir everything and let warm for a few more minutes.
- To serve.