Rice cakes recipe with vegetables
Preparation: 45 minutes
- 100 g brown rice
- 100 g red lentils
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek white
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the leek, grate the carrots and finely chop the red onion.
- Sweat the leeks in a pan with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper (they are cooked when they no longer creak in the mouth).
- In the same way, cook the carrots then the red onion.
- Cut the fennel bulb into small cubes.
- Brown it with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook until the cubes soften and become translucent.
- As soon as the vegetables are cooked, set aside.
- Cook the coral lentils in 5 times their volume of water for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice in a pressure cooker in 1.5 times its volume in water.
- After cooking all the ingredients, collect them in a bowl, mix and add the 2 whole eggs.
- Mix well and form small patties.
- Surround them with breadcrumbs.
- Brown them in a pan in the remaining olive oil until the pancakes are held together.
- Serve warm with a green salad.