- 2 chicken cutlets or 200 grams of smoked tofu
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 carrots
- vegetable oil (type ISIO 4)
- A few sprigs of coriander.
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 20 cl of tomato paste and 10 cl of tomato pulp
- Canned pineapple
- 25 cl of the juice of the canned pineapple
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of 5 spices
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (such as cornflour)
- Cut the chicken or tofu roughly as soon as possible.
- Peel and cut the vegetables and pineapple roughly (the same size as the chicken / tofu).
- In a wok (or a large skillet with high sides), heat 1 tbsp of oil. Brown the chicken (or tofu) over high heat until seared.
- Add the cut vegetables and cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring (the vegetables should be seared: lightly cooked but still firm).
- For the sauce : mix the tomato paste, tomato pulp, pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, 5 spices and 1 pinch of pepper then taste (the taste of sour- sweet must be balanced between sweetness, vinegar, the taste of tomato and that of spices).
- Dilute 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a glass of cold water. Mix well then add to the rest of the sauce, mix again.
- Pour the sauce into the rest of the preparation and cook for 5 to 10 minutes over low heat so that the sauce thickens, the chicken and the vegetables finish cooking.
- Serve sweet and sour accompanied by white rice and decorated with coriander leaves.