Vegetable recipe with green curry and coconut milk
Recipe for 6 people
- 1 cauliflower
- 4 carrots
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 half red cabbage
- 1 white onion
- 400 ml coconut milk
- olive oil
You can buy green curry paste already ready in store or organic grocery store, or compose it yourself with:
- 25 cl of sunflower oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 0.5 stick of lemongrass,
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 0.5 bunch of fresh coriander
- 10g ground cumin
- 30g of fresh ginger
- 20g ground cumin
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
For the green curry paste:
- Peel the garlic and shallot and mince them.
- Peel the ginger and finely chop it
- Cut the lemongrass half stick into sections
- Remove the seeds from the half green pepper and chop finely.
- Remove the leaves from the coriander.
- Zest the limes.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a coarse paste.
For the rest of the preparation:
- Wash and remove the leaves from the cauliflower. The detail in large florets.
- Peel and cut the carrots into large chunks 1 to 2 cm long.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large cubes (about 1.5 cm by 1.5 cm)
- Wash and mince the red cabbage
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
In a large saucepan (couscoussier type):
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Over high heat, brown the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring very regularly. Add the carrots, sauté 3-4 minutes then add the sweet potatoes. Sauté for a few minutes as well. Add the onion.
- Brown all the vegetables together over high heat, stirring regularly for 8 to 10 minutes. Add 4 pinches of salt and mix. The vegetables should be half-cooked. Once this consistency is obtained, reserve the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- In the same saucepan, pour the coconut milk, heat and dilute while stirring 5 teaspoons of green curry paste. Salt at your convenience.
- Simmer for 3 minutes to rehydrate the spices, then add the vegetables. Toss to coat all the vegetables with the coconut milk.
- Cover low heat and simmer everything for 10 minutes then add the red cabbage. Simmer for another 5 minutes and taste: the vegetables can be served a little firm or tender at your convenience.
- Serve the vegetable curry with white rice and garnish with a few cilantro leaves.