Healthy recipe: vegetarian mushroom sauce
For 8 people
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 120g mushrooms, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon of chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch
- 70 cl of vegetable broth
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour (or cornstarch) and continue cooking for a further minute.
- Pour in 3/4 of the vegetable broth and whisk to combine well. Bring to a boil and cook, 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture has thickened slightly. If the mixture is too thick, gradually add the remaining vegetable broth.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed, then serve hot.