Recipe: Zucchini noodles with bolognese sauce
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For the bolognese sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 g of ground beef
- 800 g of crushed tomatoes
- 160 g of tomato paste
- ½ cup of dry red wine
- 1 C. dried oregano
- 1 C. dried basil
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Using a julienne or a mandolin, create noodles with your zucchini and reserve on absorbent paper so that any excess water is absorbed. Do not hesitate to sprinkle a little salt to help you.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until crumbled and brown, draining excess liquid as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- For the noodles, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- If you haven’t already added salt while the water was soaking in, feel free to sprinkle on some now for flavor.
- Garnish the zucchini noodles with the bolognese sauce, serve and enjoy!